Google

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gait Energetics

This is in response as a helpful source for:
http://mightymix.blogspot.com/search/label/biomechanics

Dr. Kram at University of Colorado, Boulder has been doing research on gait energetics for some time. Him and others are exploring the determinants of walking and running cost (energetics as cost per distance). The current thinking may be generalized in to two lines of thought: the determiinants of energetically optimal gait may involve ground reaction force (propulsion), muscle activation (proximal versus distal musculature), stride length, width and frequency, and of course the speed at which you are walking or running. It is generally known that the preferred transition speed between walking and running for most individuals occurs before the energetically optimum transition speed, so folks should walk a bit faster before they transition to a run.

3 comments:

The Mighty Kat said...

Thanks Toran! I'm not into running anymore, but I can't get enough of biomechanics. Stop by anytime.

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I think polite post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.